Fixing Windows Update Error 0x80070057 in Windows 10
Sometimes it may happen that you get the windows update error 0x80070057 during your windows updation. The updation process will fail to move forward. What to do in this scenario? How to resolve it?
Remedial Actions Windows Update Error 0x80070057
Please undertake the following actions stepwise.
10. Run as administrator and select ‘Windows Update’ option.
13. This time Windows update problem is supposed to be resolved. If still, the problem persists try proceeding to follow steps. These steps will additionally also install the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, while resolving the windows update error 0x80070057.
Installing Anniversary Update
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & security.
- Then Click on Windows Update.
- Click the Learn more link.
- When default web browser opens, click the Get the Anniversary Update now button.
- Double-click the Windows10Upgrade28084 file that you just downloaded to trigger the download of the Anniversary Update.
- Watch for Verifying Download and make sure to turn off your connection to the internet, including Wi-Fi or Ethernet immediately as the download reaches 100%.
- Once the update begins to install, it’ll get stuck at 2%, after 1 minute re-enables your network adapter.
Now the Windows 10 Anniversary Update should install successfully on your computer and the windows update error 0x80070057 must have resolved. If still, the update problem persists, I am afraid you have to try updating the system using the Media Creation Tool.
All the Best 🙂